How does the Foundation raise money?
The Foundation raises money in three primary ways:
The Annual Community Giving Campaign called iGot (I Give to Ogeechee Tech) is a yearly campaign that allows community and business members to make annual investments or multi-year financial pledges in support of the college.
The iGot internal campaign allows our faculty and staff to show their financial support of the college through monthly payroll deduction or a one time annual donation.
Foundations and the acquisition of grant funds.
What kinds of gifts does the Foundation receive?
- The Foundation receives various types of gift s with cash being the most useful gift of all especially if the funds are designated unrestricted. Our board of community trustees and college administration can best decide how to allocate funds to various projects.
- Other gifts come in the form of restricted funds, equipment, endowments, stocks and bonds, life insurance gifts, and bequests.
- For specific questions about the tax deductibility of your gift, it is recommended that you consult your tax advisor.
Who supports the Foundation?
- The faculty and staff of Ogeechee Technical College. We strongly believe that charity begins at home, and we always conduct an internal giving campaign prior to asking the community for support.
- The Ogeechee Technical College Local Board of Directors and Foundation Trustees. As part of our extended family, our directors and trustees also participate in our annual giving campaign.
- Businesses and corporations that believe in our mission of workforce development, adult literacy, and technical education.
- Various private and community foundations that understand and value the importance of technical education.
Why should you support the Foundation?
Ogeechee Technical College’s mission is to prepare its graduates for successful employment in their chosen field by providing affordable and flexible learning opportunities.
Accomplishing this mission will require substantial additional resources, together with a continued commitment to efficiency, a focus on top priorities, and a determination to work hard.
The Ogeechee Technical College Foundation exists to assist Ogeechee Technical College in achieving and maintaining a high quality program of post-secondary education and community participation, to raise funds, and to make contributions to educational programs of Ogeechee Technical College counties (Bulloch, Evans, & Screven).
The Ogeechee Technical College IRS 990 tax returns - 990 Ogeechee Tech Foundation
Where your gift is most needed?
Enrich instruction and basic skills
Enhance program and staff development
Provide student scholarships
Strengthen student services
Promote and develop mutually beneficial relationships between Ogeechee Technical
College and local business and industry