Secrets to Success
Secrets to a Student's Success
- Plan Your Classes Wisely …don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- Manage Your Time Carefully. Assume that most classes require two to four hours per week of out-of-class study time.
- Don’t overload your waking hours!
- Establish a good attendance record beginning with the first day of class every quarter.
- If you need to drop a class, make it “official” at the office of Student Services. Fill out a drop form.
- Abandoning your class will result in a grade of “F” and possible loss of financial aid.
- You must complete at least 67% of the classes you attempt, or you will be placed on financial aid probation.
- Know Your Instructor … Name, email, phone number, and office hours are all important.
- Seek Assistance . At the first sign of trouble with a course, ask for help at the Student Success Center, or visit with your instructor.