HOPE Career Grant
Students interested in entering a field in which there are plenty of job openings can choose to enroll in one of OTC’s programs of study for which this grant covers the cost of tuition.
The HOPE Career Grant, formerly known as the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant, is the boost a student needs to get started on the right path to an exciting career.
It also helps Georgia employers by creating a pipeline of skilled workers they can hire well into the future.
To be eligible for the HOPE Career Grant, students must first qualify for and be receiving the HOPE Grant. The two grants together will cover all tuition for any of the eligible programs of study.
A few other things to know about the HOPE Career Grant:
- Since it is a grant, it does NOT need to be repaid.
- HOPE Career Grant awards are based on the student’s program of study and the number of hours of enrollment.
- The grant is available only for eligible students who are pursuing certificates and diplomas.
- High school students participating in dual credit enrollment are not eligible for the HOPE Career Grant award until they graduate.
To qualify, an OTC student must be fully admitted to the college, enrolled in one of the programs below and receiving the HOPE Grant for the same term. The amount of the HOPE Career Grant award is a fixed amount for each term of enrollment:
- 9 or more credit hours – $500/semester
- 3-8 credit hours – $250/semester
- 1-2 credit hours – $125/semester
- Commercial Truck Driving – $1,000 one time award
All HOPE programs require students to meet basic requirements.
- Eligibility for the HOPE Career Grant award for the Commercial Truck Driving program is for one term only.
- The HOPE GED Grant, HOPE Grant, and HOPE Career Grant award can be awarded in the same term, if all other eligibility requirements are met up to cost of attendance.
- High school students in dual or joint enrollment programs are not eligible for the HOPE Career Grant award.
- Students who are actively pursuing a GED are eligible for HOPE Career Grant.
- All eligibility requirements for the HOPE Grant apply to HOPE Career Gra
An eligible student must:
- Meet HOPE's U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Meet enrollment requirements;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Meet academic achievement standards;
- Be in good standing on all student loans or other financial aid programs;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not have exceeded the maximum award limits for any HOPE program;
Full-time enrollment in a certificate or diploma program is not required and students are not required to graduate from high school with a specific GPA, however, they must have a postsecondary cumulative 2.0 GPA, at certain checkpoints, in order to maintain eligibility.
Note: A student who received a high school diploma (High School Postsecondary Graduation Opportunity Plan) by earning a technical college diploma or two technical college certificates, in one career pathway identified by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), may be eligible for the HOPE Grant, up to 30 degree hours. The student must be enrolled in an associate degree program at a TCSG institution in order to receive the HOPE Grant. After payment for 30 semester hours, the student is no longer eligible for HOPE Grant while enrolled in a degree level program. The student must then meet the HOPE Scholarship eligibility requirements at the 30 semester hour checkpoint.
- Submit an application for admissions online:
- Submit a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit official copies of your high school or GED transcripts.
- Submit either ACCUPLACER, ASSET, SAT, or ACT test results (5 years old or less), or you can schedule to take the ACCUPLACER with our Assessment Center.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Attend a Meet Your Campus orientation
- Attend class!
OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID
One Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd. | Statesboro, Georgia 30458
Phone: 912.681.5500 | Email: email@example.com
Automotive Technology Diploma (AT14)
Heavy Diesel Service Technician Certificate (HD31)
Automotive Chassis Technology Specialist Certificate (ASG1)
Automotive Climate Control Technician Certificate (AH21)
|AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY
Air Conditioning Electrical Technician Certificate (ACK1)
Air Conditioning Technology Diploma (ACT2)
Air Conditioning Repair Specialist Certificate (ACY1)
Medical Front Office Assistant Certificate (MF21)
Business Healthcare Technology (BHT2)
Healthcare Billing and Reimbursement Assistant (HBA1)
Healthcare Office Assistant (HFA1)
|COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVING
Commercial Truck Driving Certificate (CT61)
|COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Networking Specialist Diploma (NS14)
Information Technology Diploma (ITP4)
Computer Security Specialist Certificate (CS11)
Advanced Computer Security Specialist Certificate (AG71)
Microsoft Network Administrator Certificate (MS11)
Computer Support Specialist (CS14)
Certified Construction Worker (CCW1)
Construction Management Technology Diploma (CM22)
Advanced Carpentry Certificate (AB71)
Carpentry Fundamentals Certificate (CF21)
Carpentry Technology Certificate (CT31)
Construction Manager Certificate (CM81)
Cybersecurity Diploma (CY12)
Dental Assisting Diploma (DA12)
Diesel Electrical/Electronic Systems Technician Certificate (DE11)
Diesel Engine Service Technician Certificate
Heavy Diesel Service Technician Certificate (HD31)
|EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE & EDUCATION
Early Childhood Care and Education Diploma (ECC2)
Child Development Specialist Certificate (CD61)
Early Childhood Care and Education Basics Certificate (EC31)
Early Childhood Program Administration Certificate (ECP1)
|ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
Programmable Control Technician I Certificate (PC81)
Industrial Systems Technology Diploma (IST4)
Basic Electrical Technician Certificate (BE11)
Commercial Wiring Certificate (CW31)
Electrical Systems Technology Diploma (ES12)
Photovoltaic Systems Certificate (PS11)
|HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
Medical Coding Certificate (MC41)
Logistics Management Technician (LMT1)
Pharmacy Technology Diploma (PT22)
Practical Nursing Diploma (PN12)
Nurse Aide Certificate (CN21)
Health Care Assistant (HA21)
Computed Tomography Specialist Certificate (CT91)
|WELDING & JOINING TECHNOLOGY
Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder Certificate (FS31)
Gas Metal Arc Welder Certificate (GM31)
Gas Tungsten Arc Welder Certificate (GTA1)
Vertical Shielded Metal Arc Welder Fabricator Cert (VSM1)
Click below to download
the HOPE Career Grant flyer