Georgia Film Academy
Ogeechee Technical College is a member of the Georgia Film Consortium (GFC). The Georgia Film Academy (GFA) supports the GFC, which is a unique-in-the-nation, state-wide collaboration of institutions of the University System of Georgia, Technical College System of Georgia and Independent institutions who offer professional courses in film, television, digital entertainment, Esports and game development.
About the Georgia Film Academy
The Georgia Film Academy is a professional organization, a unit of the University System of Georgia, which is committed to leading and advancing the entertainment arts industry and its workforce in Georgia. The GFA promotes rigorous professional training, and supports opportunities for union-covered film and television production craft internships and placement in creative industries, apprenticeships and jobs in an effort to build a permanent and sustainable industry in the state. On behalf of the USG, TCSG, and their institutions, as well as private higher education institutions in Georgia who choose to use its resources, the GFA is dedicated to the development of both Georgia’s workforce and the industry which will utilize it.
As a student in Ogeechee Technical College’s Film & Television Production/Post-Production Certificate programs, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn from professionals in the Film, Television and Digital Entertainment industries
- Take classes at an industry hub facilitated with a package of professional-level equipment
- Participate in on-set, hands-on experience and simulated “real world” projects, coupled with in-classroom course work
- Work hands-on with professional production equipment (cameras, sound gear, lights, etc.) as well as production trucks and generators on studio soundstages
- Apply for an internship or apprenticeship on a major film production set, television studio, editing house or digital entertainment lab in order to develop recognized film credits, through partnerships with professional productions
- Receive one-on-one job counseling to include resume preparation, job research and job placement outreach from GFA
- Earn any of three Georgia Film Academy industry certifications, recognized by production companies, studios, networks, vendors, and other entertainment businesses which may employ Georgians:
- Film & Television Production Certification
- Film & Television Post-Production Certification
- Digital Entertainment, Esports & Game Development Certification
Click here to visit GeorgiaFilmAcademy.edu.
Current Course Offerings Through the Georgia Film Consortium
GFA Film & Television Post-Production
- FILM 1045 - Introduction to Film & Television Post-Production
- FILM 2550 - Film, Television & Digital Entertainment Internship
- FILM 1650 - Fundamentals of Editing with Avid Media Composer 100
- FILM 2140 - Fundamentals of sound with AVID Pro Tools 100
GF21 GFA Film & Television Production
- FILM 1100 – (GFA 1000) Introduction to Film & Television Production
- FILM 1150 - (GFA 2050) GFA Introduction to Special Makeup Effects
- FILM 1350 - (GFA 2020) GFA Electric and Lighting
- FILM 1450 - (GFA 2030) GFA Grip and Rigging
- FILM 1510 - (GFA 2010) GFA Set Construction and Painting
- FILM 2060 - (GFA 2060) GFA Production Accounting & Office Management
- FILM 2550 - (GFA 2000) Film, Television & Digital Entertainment Internship
Note: The GFC semester schedule follows the eCore Common Academic Calendar.
- For questions regarding classes at Ogeechee Technical College, contact Sarah Beverley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions or more information about the Georgia Film Academy, contact Academics Coordinator Emma Smith, email@example.com.
Register or Apply Now
Current Students: Advisement | Register for Class
New Students: Apply Now