Ogeechee Technical College offers very robust apprenticeship programming through both credit and noncredit programming.
Apprenticeship is a work-based training method that combines formal instruction with on-site, occupation-related training. Apprentices typically work 30-40 hours per week and receive classroom training through part-time attendance at Ogeechee Tech.
Using the apprentice model can help your business grow its own talent and build a motivated and qualified workforce. Employers use apprentice programs to recruit and train new employees and to upskill their current workforce.
Current Apprenticeship Programs sponsored by the college include the following:
- Electro-Mechanical Technician - RAPIDS Code: 0167
- Industrial Machine Systems Technician - RAPIDS Code: 1037
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - RAPIDS Code: 0308/0308HY
Employer Benefits of working with OTC
- Attract high caliber candidates who are seeking a nationally recognized credential and entry into a career path.
- Create an apprenticeship program that aids with retention and overall employee satisfaction
- Assistance with completing Registered Apprenticeship application, developing work standards and navigating the US Department of Labor registration process.
Potential access to state and federal funding resources, such as free or reduced training and apprentice education cost.
To learn more about apprenticeship opportunities with Ogeechee Tech, please contact: