Available Accessiblity Services
Accessibility services are available for those individuals who have a disability as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Accommodations and Services Provided:
- Private testing area
- Extended time for testing
- Test read aloud
- Text books in alternate formats
- Interpreters for the hearing impaired
- Amplified hearing devices for hearing impaired
- Tutoring services
- Additional services available upon request as needed
How to receive accessibility services:
A student may request assistance for Accessibility Counseling Services with the Accessibility Counselor by coming to the Counseling Office to schedule an appointment, by calling to schedule an appointment or by sending an email to schedule an appointment.
A Faculty Member may refer a student by submitting a TEAMS alert through Blackboard . This alert will be routed to the Accessibility Counselor who will contact the student to schedule an appointment.
Community/Social Services Referral
An organization such as Easter Seals, Vocational Rehabilitation, or Walton Rehabilitation may request that a current student or potential student set up an appointment by coming to the Accessibility Services office, by sending an email or calling.
In order to obtain accessibility services a student with a disability must:
- Meet all admission's requirements to be admitted to Ogeechee Technical College.
- Meet all the requirements to be admitted in the Program of Study of your choice.
- Notify the Accessibility Services Coordinator and provide the appropriate documentation in order to receive these accommodations.
- Pay all fees associated with obtaining the appropriate documentation needed for your disability.
- Request classroom accommodations each and every semester. Accommodations are not retroactive.
- Must adhere to the Institutional Code of Conduct.
- If you would like to receive accommodations for the current semester, the Faculty Accommodation Notification Letters must be picked up in the Accessibility Services office during the first week of school. The letter needs to be signed by you and your instructors and brought back to the Accessibility Services Coordinator.
- Arrangements for each accommodation must be discussed in private with their instructors in advance of the need to use such accommodations.
- Accommodations go “into effect” only after the Accommodation Notification letter has been signed & the accommodations have been discussed with the instructor.
- Ogeechee Technical College reserves the right to recommend that you change your Program of Study after an extensive evaluation or staffing with the Program Chair, Instructor, Program Dean, Disabilities Coordinator, VP of Academic Affairs, and or President.
Support Services Surveys
Please take this survey to see if you meet the criteria for additional student support services:
Click here to complete the Survey.