Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Last Updated: 23 August 2022
From the onset of the pandemic in Georgia, Ogeechee Technical College has followed guidance from the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The safety and well-being of the College community is always our highest priority.
Let’s continue to do our part in preventive measures including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Consider Vaccination
Health Reporting for students, faculty, and staff with COVID-19
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 please do not come to campus. Students, please send an email to Felicia Barefoot (email below). Faculty and Staff, please send an e-mail to your direct supervisor and copy Felicia Barefoot and Desire Alexander (emails below).
Felicia Barefoot - email@example.com
Desire Alexander - firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19
If you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 or have been told by a healthcare provider or public health authority that you were exposed, here are steps that you should take, regardless of your vaccination status or if you have had a previous infection.
- For 10 days after your exposure, wear a high-quality mask or respirator (e.g., N95) any time you are around others inside your home or indoors in public.
- Do not go to places where you are unable to wear a mask, including travel and public transportation settings.
- Continue to monitor your health for 10 days following the last time you were in close contact with a sick person with COVID-19.
- It is recommended that you seek testing after at least 5 days have passed since your most recent exposure, if possible.
- If you text positive, please follow DPH guidance for isolation: https://dph.georgia.gov/isolation-contact.