2023 Alumni Awards
2023 Alumni Nominations
The Ogeechee Technical College Alumni Association invites all alumni, faculty, staff, and community members to nominate candidates for the 2023 Ogeechee Technical College Outstanding Alumni Awards.
The Outstanding Alumni Awards honors individuals who have graduated from Ogeechee Technical College, who are making outstanding contributions and excelling in their chosen fields, who are giving back to their community, and are dedicated to the advancement of the College.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
The required forms to nominate an alumnus for the Outstanding Alumni Awards are available in the right-hand column of this page. There is no limit to the number of people you can nominate.
- Nominations will be open January 12, 2023. Entry deadline is March 10, 2023.
The Accomplishments & Contributions Form is your opportunity to tell the alumnus’s story. This section should focus on the nominee’s technical college experience, success in chosen field, community involvement, professional accomplishments and accolades, and charitable contributions (service and monetary).
- Recent: OTC alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years (2013 – 2023), and who have notable recognition in their chosen field with a promise for continued success.
- Distinguished: OTC alumni who have graduated prior to 2013, and who have excelled in their chosen field, having attained prominence and/or have had a positive effect on the local, regional or state level.
- Attended Ogeechee Technical College, completed their program of study, and received a TCC, Diploma or Degree
- Is in good standing with the College and community
- Has notable achievements in their field of study
- Has participated in public service or charitable activities that support the community and college
- Is not a previous recipient of the Outstanding Alumni Awards
A Selection Committee will review nominations and determine those that meet all nomination criteria. Eligible nominees must then submit their application to participate. Applications will be reviewed and scored using a rubric. The top 5 nominees in each category will be selected. The selection process will take place in April 2023. The top 5 nominees in each category will be notified following the selection process.
- Enter all requested information on the nomination forms available on the right-hand column of this page.
- Submit the following materials to Ogeechee Technical College by the March 10, 2023 deadline. Please include:
a. The completed Nomination Form
b. Accomplishments & Contributions Form
- Eligible nominees must submit an application to be considered for the Outstanding Alumni Awards.
- Enter all requested information on the Outstanding Alumni Application form.
- Submit the following materials to Ogeechee Technical College by the April 08, 2022 deadline. Please include:
a. The completed Application
b. Current Resume and/or Bio
c. Letter of Support
d. 5x7 color photo. Label back of photo with name and graduation date.
e. Completed Model Release Form
f. Additional materials or documentation to highlight or support your nomination are welcome but not required.
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS:
The Outstanding Alumni Awards are presented at the Annual Alumni/Graduates Reception. The winners will be selected from the top 5 nominees in each category. Awards are presented to one recent and one distinguished alumni. Award recipients are not required to be present to receive the award, but attendance is highly encouraged.
MAIL ENTRIES TO OR REACH OUT FOR INFORMATION:
2021 Alumni Award Winners:
2022 Alumni Award Winners: