Manufacture Ready is an intensive 3 week program that will help prepare
graduating high school seniors for success in the rewarding field of manufacturing.
The program is geared towards students who have little or no manufacturing experience, and want to enter the high-demand and exciting field of manufacturing.
During the training, students will have the opportunity to tour several local manufacturing plants and talk with company representatives about potential jobs. Interviews with the local manufacturers will be set up to assist with the hiring process. At the conclusion of the training, a graduation ceremony will be conducted to celebrate this great accomplishment! Students, families, and school representatives will be invited to attend.
There is NO Cost for Eligible Participants
The program is funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Heart of Georgia Regional Commission, Coastal Regional Commission, Wal-Mart Foundation, and Job Training Unlimited. The training will be provided by the Department of Continuing Education at Ogeechee Technical College.
The program is sponsored by Ogeechee Technical College, Claxton High School, Screven County High School, and the Screven County Development Authority.
Manufacture Ready Program Schedule
- Monday through Friday
- Dates May 2 through May 18, 2022
- Time 7:55 am – 3:15pm
- Training will be held at Ogeechee Tech and the respective high schools.
- Space limited to 20 eligible students per each high school.
- Once the first 20 students are accepted, a waiting list will be created.
- Last day to turn in completed application is Friday, March 4, 2022
The Curriculum is Demanding
Students are expected to attend the training Monday through Friday, for three (3) consecutive weeks. The program and the instructors adhere to a strict attendance policy. The training will be held during regular school hours on the campus of Ogeechee Technical College and the respective high school. Transportation will be provided. The program fee and all required materials are covered for those students who meet the program requirements.
Areas of Training Include:
- Forklift Safety & Operations
- Warehousing & Logistics
- Basics of Manufacturing Assembly
- Measuring Instruments
- Workplace Safety & Expectations
- Quality Control & Quality Production
- Conflict Resolution & Problem Solving
- Team Building
Students who successfully complete the training will receive the following certifications
- Forklift Operator
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry
- CPR, First Aid, & AED
- Manufacture Ready Professional Certificate of Completion
- High School Senior on track to graduate in May 2022.
- Must have reading and math skills at an 8th grade level or higher.
- Must have government issued ID.
- Must meet family income criteria.
Manufacture Ready Attendance Requirements
- 100% attendance is required.
- Must be on time every day.
- Must return from lunch and breaks on time every day.
- Must participate in class activities and hands-on training.
- Must complete homework assignments by stated deadline.
Job Hiring Requirements
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work full time, including holidays, weekends, and night shifts.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must pass a criminal background check, physical, and drug screen as part of the hiring process.
Students are required to dress appropriately according to the requirements of the work in a manufacturing environment. Safety is our number one priority. Students will be required to wear appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes. The following clothing and shoes are not permitted: sandals, flip-flops, shorts, skirts, dresses, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, clothing with rips, tears, or holes, items with emblems, insignias, badges, or other symbols or lewd or vulgar words that are offensive to another person or otherwise causes disruption or interference with the orderly operations of the class.